This page details the on-going development and features for the software used and developed on 3chan.
- NSFW or SFW Board: Changes the default theme to Yotsuba or Yotsuba B and indicates if the board is for NSFW content or not.
- Text Board: Disables file uploading essentially turning the board into a text board.
- /GIF/ Only: GIF/WebM files are the only files that can be uploaded.
- Upload Board: Changes the default imageboard format into a file board where files other than images can be posted. Click here to try out the board!
- Janitor Board: Only staff can post and must use capcodes, the board forces the user to post with there staff account name. A few minor changes are active as well.
- Display ID: Shows IDs so posters can easily tell who made which post.
- Heaven ID: Replaces the users ID with Heaven if sage is used.
- Force ID: Forces the users ID to be displayed on boards where ids are disabled if showid is entered into the options field.
- Country Flags: Shows which country the user is posting from.
- Disable Flag: If noflag is entered into the options field it will make the users flag not appear.
- BBcode/Markdown: Allows the posting of BBcode and Markdown text which is converted into html by the software.
- Emotes: Allows the posting on emotes in posts.
- Fortunes: Allows users to check there fortune by entering fortune in the options field.
- Dice Rolling: Allows users to roll the dice using the options field, dice+numberdfaces e.g. dice+XdX or dice+XdXX+XX.
- Forced Anonymous: Available in three styles; Remove Name & Subject field, keep subject field and futaba style forced anonymous.
- Public Sage: Shows SAGE! on posts that have used sage.
- Sage Filter: Removes sage effects from posts that brag about sageing.
- Non-Image Sage: Replies to threads that don't have images attached won't bump the thread.
- Reply Limit: Threads can't be replied to after reaching the bump limit, similar to the image limit.
- No File: Allows threads to be created without a file if the [No file?] button is ticked.
- Spoilers: Allows the uploaded image to be spoilered if the [Spoiler?] button is ticked.
- Allow WebMs: Allows WebMs to be posted.
- Extra post form info: Option to add extra info below the post form.
Anti-spam/Bad actor preventions
- Captcha: Both a simple text one and ReCAPTCHA support.
- Duplicate image detection: Checks if a duplicate MD5 hash exists on the board already, Enabled on boards like /lewd/ and /cuteboys/
- ROBOT9000: An original content algorithm that will mute you each time for 2^n in seconds for making an unoriginal post, Click here for more info.
- Post cooldowns: A set bunch of cooldown seconds for replies, image replies, new threads and duplicate comments.
- Basic proxy check: Cross checks typical proxy methods with the host IP and typical proxy ports, usually left disabled on 3chan.
- Range bans: Normal range ban, Image only range ban and link only range ban.
- Post filters: A list of banned URLs, keywords and images.
- Referer check: Optional detection of if the user is blocking HTTP referers.